Leif provides this privacy notice to our website visitors, customers, vendors, employees, contractors, and consultants so that you will know what we will do with the customer business information and personal information (including but not limited to Social Security numbers, personal financial information, and health information) that we may receive from you directly or from your health care provider, or receive from another source that you have authorized to send us such information. We at Leif are concerned about your privacy and assure you that we will do what is required of us to safeguard your customer business information and personal information.
“Personal information” means any data that relates to an identified or identifiable natural person, including information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household. Personal information includes, but is not limited to, Social Security numbers, personal financial information, and health information.
What Types of Information Will Leif Collect?
Leif collects customer business information and personal information from you required both for our business and pursuant to regulatory requirements. Without it, we cannot provide our products and services for you. We will be collecting customer business information and personal information about you from:
- Applications or other forms, such as name, address, Social Security number or tax identification number, assets and income, employment status and dependent information.
- Your transactions with us or your transactions with others, such as account activity, payment history, and products and services purchased.
- Consumer reporting agencies, such as credit relationships and credit history. These agencies may retain their reports and share them with others who use their services.
- Other individuals, businesses, and agencies, such as medical and demographic information.
- Visitors to our websites, such as information from on-line forms, site visiting data and on-line information collection devices, commonly called "cookies".
What Will We Do With Your Customer Business Information and Personal Information?
The information Leif gathers is shared within our company to help us maximize the services we can provide to our customers. We will only disclose your business and personal information as is necessary for us to provide the insurance products and services you expect from us. Leif does not sell your business information or personal information to third parties, nor does it sell or share customer lists.
We may also disclose all the information described above to third parties with which we contract for services. In addition, we may disclose your customer business information and personal information to medical care institutions or medical professionals, insurance regulatory authorities, law enforcement or other government authorities, or to affiliated or nonaffiliated third parties as is reasonably necessary to conduct our business or as otherwise permitted by law.
Leif will keep your customer business information and personal information for as long as we may need it to provide you with insurance services and/or to comply with our contractual and/or legal obligations.
Our Security Procedures
At Leif we have put in place reasonable measures consistent with industry and legal standards to ensure the security and confidentiality of customer information. We will handle the customer business information and personal information we receive by restricting access to such information about you to those employees and agents of ours who need to know that information to provide you with our products or services or to otherwise conduct our business, including actuarial or research studies. Our computer database has multiple levels of security to protect against threats or hazards to the integrity of customer records, and to protect against unauthorized access to records that may harm or inconvenience our customers. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal and state regulations to safeguard all your business and personal information, especially Social Security numbers. Specifically, we protect the confidentiality of Social Security numbers, prohibit unlawful disclosure of Social Security numbers and limit access to Social Security numbers.
Privacy Rights In Certain Jurisdictions
Certain jurisdictions extend enhanced personal information or privacy rights to residents of or persons located in the jurisdiction. You may have some or all of the following rights in relation to the personal information we collect about or from you, depending on the jurisdiction and our reason for processing your information:
- Right of access: You may ask us to confirm whether we are processing your personal information and the specific pieces of personal information we have collected and, if necessary, provide you with a copy of that personal information (along with certain other details).
- Right to correct: If the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you may be entitled to request to have it corrected, taking into account the nature of the personal information and the purposes of the processing of your personal information.
- Right to delete: You may have a right in some circumstances, such as where we no longer need it or if you withdraw your consent (where applicable), to request that we delete or remove your personal information.
- Right to restrict/limit processing: You may have a right to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances, such as where you contest the accuracy of that personal information or you object to us.
- Right to data portability: You may have the right to receive a copy of personal information we've obtain from you, where technically feasible, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and to reuse it elsewhere or to ask us to transfer this to a third party of your choice.
- Right to withdraw consent: If we rely on your consent (or explicit consent) as our legal basis for processing your personal information, you may have the right to withdraw that consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to carry out your instructions or perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you.
- Right to lodge a complaint: If you have a concern about any aspect of our privacy practices, including the way we've handled your personal information, you may report it to the relevant supervisory or regulatory authority. You may contact us as provided at the bottom of this Privacy Notice if you would like to receive contact information for your local authority.
- Right to Non-Discrimination: You may exercise your rights under law without discrimination.
Please note that some of these rights may be limited where we have an overriding legitimate interest or legal, regulatory or contractual obligation to continue to process the business or personal information, or where such information may be exempt under applicable law.
To exercise your rights under this Privacy Notice, please contact us at:
Address: Leif Assurance Inc.
6825 Clayton Ave., Suite 200
St. Louis, MO 63139